× Fact! Joining this forum will make you a happier person! - Register for FREE

Last seen movie and rating
As described in the title...

What is the last movie you saw and what rating would you give it?
Join the official JSE Discord Channel

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (2017)

Really enjoyed it. The humour was great and just "stupid" enough for it not to be too childish. The children also didn't get that much screentime which probably helped a lot Smile
IQ Test

Wonder (2017)

The unusual pairing of Owen Wilson and Julia Roberts exceeded my expectation. There are points when you will reach out for some tissues but they're peppered with enough laughs along the way to make it well-balanced, extremely relevant and combined with a strong message

Mother! (2017)

Wasted two hours of my life. Started off as something that could be good, then it turned completely bonkers. Too many unanswered questions, beyond the realm of believability. Too many times I asked WTF during this movie. Even with a star studded cast it fell apart.

Bright (2017)

Sooo much potential Sad

Blade of the Immortal (2017)

This whole movie was in Japanese and I can barely speak English. It was 3 hours of stunning visuals and a properly structured storyline, basically, Manji, a samurai cursed with immortality is asked by a young woman, Rin, to avenge the death of her father at the hands of the renegade ronin group, the Itto-ryu. Rin eerily resembles Machi, the disturbed figure whom Manji had witnessed being brutally butchered 50 years before.

I want them to release a follow-up movie exploring the origins of Yaobikuni and how the bloodworms were discovered.

The Big Lebowski

It was fun to watch actually had a full on storyline that made sense and it was interesting to see where so many memes came from, hard to believe this movie is 20 years old.

John Wick: Chapter 2

I am just totally biased being a major John Wick fan, the movie itself was good, more of a story to it than the first one, but still some lacking bits or places to build on if they will continue with the franchise.

I've seen Darkest Hour the other day. Gary Oldman was so good it's ridiculous. If you like historical dramas, you'll love it.

The Foreigner

I've always been a major fan of Jackie Chan, especially his more serious work like the Police Story. I had the idea that this movie should be of that caliber, it was to a certain degree but lacked a bit. At times it felt that he was more playing a supporting role despite being the center of the plot, I would have liked if they involved him a little more.

Pierce Brosnan knock this out of the park, very dynamic actor and being a big 007 fan especially the Pierce Brosnan era. This was incredible to watch, you could see some fear and tough emotions. He nailed the Irish accent and mannerism a very dynamic actor indeed. 

Most people only know Jackie Chan in the comedy roles, the foreigner highlights the ability of Jackie Chan being a true actor, expanding into different roles being polar opposites of each other.

12 Strong (2018)

Great war film. The guys who really did it must giant balls. Pure madness.
IQ Test

Very cute movie, even managed a twist or two. And had a few laughs here and there.
Very nice animation and singing.

Children will definitely enjoy it and it's very much bearable for a parent.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Mute (2018)

Just overall a bad movie.