Index Page, Latest Threads
I'd like to suggest that when on the Index Page, and clicking on the Latest Threads to the right, that it takes you to the last comment in that thread, instead of to the beginning, if that makes any sense?

I'm lazy, what more do I need to say :p

Will have a look into it, see what can be done. I tried it initially, but there was some nasty bug preventing the smooth operation.
Forum Admin | Platinum Wealth
Tips
ETH 0x6c793ae7749acd19c8b4a77aa72d01cd0263f137 BTC 1GeXS8t5KtYvyMAf5hhwtdxM9Ba9EWQqMz

Awesome, thanks.

It's nothing major, but would be nice if you can make it happen Big Grin

(03-27-2017, 09:21 AM)Platinum Wealth Wrote: Will have a look into it, see what can be done. I tried it initially, but there was some nasty bug preventing the smooth operation.

Can't you just replae the "?action=lastpost" with "?action=newpost" ... or suffix the text links with "?action=newpost" ?

Correct, that "special" shorthand call back was built a short while ago was planning on doing that tonight hehe. When I initially tried it had a funny non pretty url call back using nonsensical string I had to generate the url using php to get the current users id to go find in the db what the last post was that the user read.

Then a better function lastpost was built to get the last id in a thread from the db
Tips
ETH 0x6c793ae7749acd19c8b4a77aa72d01cd0263f137 BTC 1GeXS8t5KtYvyMAf5hhwtdxM9Ba9EWQqMz

(03-27-2017, 09:10 AM)Purply Wrote: I'd like to suggest that when on the Index Page, and clicking on the Latest Threads to the right, that it takes you to the last comment in that thread, instead of to the beginning, if that makes any sense?

I'm lazy, what more do I need to say :p

Just to be clear, you are aware of the last button that will take you to the last post. The link will go to the first post.
Tips

Would you guys prefer it to be a little bit more prominent like this for example:

JSE Finance Forum Attachment - Filename: screenshot-thiart.co.za-2017-03-27-16-20-41.png   
Tips

I think what we want is to click on a link and go to the first new post we haven't seen yet, just like the icon link under "new posts" page

Why not keep it like it is now, if you click the red button you get taken to the last post and if you click the link you get taken to the start of the thread.

If I share threads on WhatsApp or Facebook or something I just want the thread url so I copy the thread title's link in the side bar, but when I want to view or participate I click the "last" button next to the thread title to take me to the last post.

What I'd like is to have it like that screenshot essentially a bigger click area and spelled out so people don't get confused on what it is there for.

What do you guys think?

(03-27-2017, 06:27 PM)Noobly Wrote: Why not keep it like it is now, if you click the red button you get taken to the last post and if you click the link you get taken to the start of the thread.

If I share threads on WhatsApp or Facebook or something I just want the thread url so I copy the thread title's link in the side bar, but when I want to view or participate I click the "last" button next to the thread title to take me to the last post.  

What I'd like is to have it like that screenshot essentially a bigger click area and spelled out so people don't get confused on what it is there for.

What do you guys think?

*bad word* please do not do that A, click the red LAST button, who knew right? That was exactly what I wanted.