How would you invest a R100K
#1
So If you have R100K how would you invest it.

#2
If I has that money today this would be my investment:

NFEMOM - 50%
JSE Finance Forum Attachment - Filename: 2016-09-29_10-07-48.jpg   

Ashburton MidCap ETF (ASHMID) - 25%
JSE Finance Forum Attachment - Filename: 2016-09-29_10-19-24.jpg   

Rolfes Holdings Ltd - 10% ( Sell @ >500 cents then buy CoreShares Property Top Ten (PTXTEN) )

Taste Holdings - 15% ( Sell @ 600 cents then buy NewFunds MAPPS Growth ETF (MAPPSG) )
JSE Finance Forum Attachment - Filename: 2016-09-29_10-26-24.jpg   

Some duplication here and there, but looking at the different weighings I am comfortable.
Buy altcoins with bitcoins here Changelly

#3
I would go:

db x-trackers MSCI World Index (DBXWD) - 50% (Even if Deutsche Bank goes down like it looks it will it should not affect my ETF)
Coreshares Top 40 Equally Weighted Exchange Traded Fund (CSEW40) - 25%
Standard Bank AfricaPalladium Debentures (ETFPLD) - 25% ( until it reaches $1000 then I will see what looks good to buy )

#4
If I had no emergency fund I'd put it there (32 day account).

Else, if I went ETF I would split it between NFEMOM (45%), DBXWD (35%) and PTXTEN (20%).

Most likely (at this point in time anyway) I would put it in unit trusts with the same theme as the above (local equity, foreign equity and property).

#5
Whichever way I go (save the cash option) I would wait till right after Trump is elected president and the market overreacts :p

#6
(09-29-2016, 01:09 PM)Hamster Wrote: Whichever way I go (save the cash option) I would wait till right after Trump is elected president and the market overreacts :p


I thought about the cash part, but what if we get downgraded December then that cash won't be worth much. Perhaps South Africans should look at the bitcoin route as a means to protect you in a way? I do not understand bitcoin and currency all that much so I do not know if bitcoin is good, but to me it sounds like a better option than cash under the bed or bank. When I say cash I am referring to ZAR notes.

#7
(09-29-2016, 01:41 PM)Outlook Wrote:
(09-29-2016, 01:09 PM)Hamster Wrote: Whichever way I go (save the cash option) I would wait till right after Trump is elected president and the market overreacts :p


I thought about the cash part, but what if we get downgraded December then that cash won't be worth much. Perhaps South Africans should look at the bitcoin route as a means to protect you in a way? I do not understand bitcoin and currency all that much so I do not know if bitcoin is good, but to me it sounds like a better option than cash under the bed or bank. When I say cash I am referring to ZAR notes.

I doubt our money would become that much more "worhtless". The Rand is increasing in strength, the risk downgrade is getting less albeit it still being a big risk.

#8
Today I would probably put it all in Bitcoin.






Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Color Skins

Change Color:

Background Patterns:

Background Images:

Main Options: