× Fact! Joining this forum will make you a happier person! - Register for FREE

How much is your cell phone bill?
(06-27-2016, 06:56 PM)padjakkels Wrote: [...] a huge mistake as their service and signal were very bad here.[...]

I've been using them for years and rarely have had issues, I use it at work in midrand and at home in Centurion with great service... I'm not trying to promote them at all, and I'll be moving to Afrihost  come September.

(06-28-2016, 07:34 AM)dieWerner Wrote:
(06-27-2016, 06:56 PM)padjakkels Wrote: [...] a huge mistake as their service and signal were very bad here.[...]

I've been using them for years and rarely have had issues, I use it at work in midrand and at home in Centurion with great service... I'm not trying to promote them at all, and I'll be moving to Afrihost  come September.
Yeah,thats the difference between platteland and the city.

Sent from my SM-A700F using Tapatalk

I spent about R250 - R300 pm, buying Vodacom prepaid airtime and data.

My phone I took over from my wife when she renewed her contract. Wink

For data, I also use the wifi at home (updates etc), and at work will use my office phone for calls (we get a budget each month at the office)

Most of the time I will message people, I only sometimes need the airtime for sms and voice calls.

One thing, glad I convinced my wife to go off the contracts, in September she will buy out her iphone and tablet contracts. More cash flow for her then Smile

I also had to go through the whole "schlep" of Contract vs Pre-Paid, and in the end decided to go pre-paid. But the thing that i'm noticing is that in a lot of cases its actually cheaper going on contract, seeing as the phones are pretty much supplemented by the carriers.

PS. I'm with Cell C, use about R200 on data only, rarely call and bought my phone from Orange.

PPS. I also have a work phone on which i call

I wonder how Vodacom's cancellation policy works? I walked into a branch saturday to ask and they said they can't cancel or advise me on the process in a branch that must be done over the phone, I was like WTF?
Register on Platinum Wealth (My referral link)

(07-05-2016, 06:10 PM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote: I wonder how Vodacom's cancellation policy works? I walked into a branch saturday to ask and they said they can't cancel or advise me on the process in a branch that must be done over the phone, I was like WTF?
Call 111 just ask them to email you the quote.

Served by a Droid

(07-06-2016, 12:08 PM)AstroTurf Wrote:
(07-05-2016, 06:10 PM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote: I wonder how Vodacom's cancellation policy works? I walked into a branch saturday to ask and they said they can't cancel or advise me on the process in a branch that must be done over the phone, I was like WTF?

Served by a Droid

I hate talking over the phone F2F or E-mail that is all I do.

(07-06-2016, 03:00 PM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote:
(07-06-2016, 12:08 PM)AstroTurf Wrote:
(07-05-2016, 06:10 PM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote: I wonder how Vodacom's cancellation policy works? I walked into a branch saturday to ask and they said they can't cancel or advise me on the process in a branch that must be done over the phone, I was like WTF?

Served by a Droid

I hate talking over the phone F2F or E-mail that is all I do.

Funny that mybroadband has an article on this today....

http://mybroadband.co.za/news/cellular/1...d-mtn.html

Seems someone reads our forum.... Tongue

(06-15-2016, 01:03 PM)AstroTurf Wrote: Currently ranges between R1700 to R2500.

I think the R1700 range should be more standard from now on (I hope so anyway, my Wife keeps throwing money at some bloody competition that charges you per vote because she uploaded a photo of our son to it).

I have 3 numbers on my contract:

LTE
Basically I had a 2gb+2gb vodacom data contract for R199pm including an lte router.
I was USSD'ing anything from 2 to 7gb to this on a monthly basis.

The Router is paid off so I upgraded the contract to a 10GB PAYG contract meaning I either have to fork out cash for data or have no internet at home till month end.
Anyway, the 10gb Contract costs a total of R299pm so I am saving myself between R150 to R750pm

My Number:
Stays stable at around R750pm

My Wife's number:
Usually stays stable at around R450 to R650pm.
With this bloody competition thing it fluctuates between R650 to R900pm

Latest statement R1711 for the 3 numbers in total Big Grin

Progress.

If you're gatvol of your current network's high costs, it seems that almost anyone can start their own network these days:

http://www.fin24.com/Tech/News/hiv-heali...k-20160916
http://www.mypsb.co.za/offering#ourOffering

i just upgraded to the MTN unlimited for R1300 p/m... makes sense for me coz i was spending about R2k p/m... plus i get like 10gig data included which is more than enough for now