How is telegram?
So with WhatsApp about to share all your info to Facebook and going to introduce ads I need to get everyone over to something else.

Does anyone here use telegram, how is it?
Buy altcoins with bitcoins here Changelly

I do but only have my girlfriend to talk to on it. Kinda wish everybody would switch. Web interface is also much better for me (no QR bullshit).

Also, it allows you to code bots which is a massive plus especially for business applications. Need a roboadviser? Find it on telegram and talk to it. One guy actually wrote a game robot Big Grin

Sent from my LG-V490 using Tapatalk

Also LOVE telegram. Been using it for almost 2 years. Not many contacts on it yet, but they are coming over from Whatsapp slowly.

The desktop app is working great for Telegram in Windows. The web app is also working great.

And I like all the stickers!!

Downloading it now

I must say I like it a lot. More the web version on the phone I think I still like whatsapp simply because I am still more familiar with it I guess, but web.telegram.org vs web.whatsapp.com there is a very clear winner and it ain't whatsapp I can tell you that much!

I was impressed when WhatsApp recently included the ability to send PDF files but that is no match to Telegram’s file sharing abilities. You can share almost any file types including documents, zip, PDF etc. on Telegram along with the usual media files. Also, you can send files up to 1.5 GB, unlike WhatsApp, where you can share files up to a meagre 160 MB.

I also like the Super groups and public channels which is basically groups and broadcasting in whatsapp, but without the user limit so that is a plus!!

I like the stickers and GIFFs, but use it wisely I think it can become a bit of a las, Giff I like since I often send screenshots of instructions in a giff form via imger since whatsapp does not support it.

Also seems I can now edit send messages as well so you can simply press hold on a message you have sent and hit the “edit” icon to start editing the text. The edited messages will have an edited banner on them.

Overall I think

WhatsApp
Pros:
Calls
Backup chats
Massive user base
End to end encryption everywhere

Cons:
Limited file sharing
Not as feature-rich as Telegram

Telegram
Pros:
Secure
Overall more feature-rich
Bots and great file sharing
Better platform compatibility

Cons:
No calls support or ability to backup chats
lacks user base

Cute error messages too
JSE Finance Forum Attachment - Filename: 2016-08-30_11-06-45.jpg   

You can even create POLLS in groups! Imagine if all our club members are on telegram, then we can easily vote on stuff!!

(08-30-2016, 10:57 AM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote: Telegram
Pros:
Secure
Overall more feature-rich
Bots and great file sharing
Better platform compatibility

Cons:
No calls support or ability to backup chats
lacks user base

Apparently it has a really big ISIS user base:
http://www.fin24.com/Tech/News/anti-terr...p-20160913

(09-13-2016, 12:03 PM)DieWerner Wrote: Apparently it has a really big ISIS user base:
http://www.fin24.com/Tech/News/anti-terr...p-20160913

Interesting article. But criminals use all the platforms out there, even sms. But its frustrating for them as there is no one in charge of the content and use. Internet is actually the same...

Telegram:
New in version 3.14:

- Instant View. Telegram apps will instantly open articles from Medium.com and some other sites. No more waiting for the pages to load! Tap on the "Instant View" button below this message to see how it works.
- Groups in common. A new option in your contacts' profiles that shows a list of all groups you share with that person.
- Jump to date. When using search, you can now tap the calendar icon to jump to messages sent on a particular day.
- 'View Pack' option for recent stickers. A quick way to send more stickers from your favorite pack without scrolling past other packs that you used more recently.

Improved interfaces and enhanced speed:
- If a passcode is set, chats are hidden from the task-switcher.
- New UI for creating groups, privacy settings, and notification settings.
- Improved camera speed when taking photos and videos.
- Improved video compression.
- Improved UI for editing messages and adding captions to photos.
- Improved UI for viewing photos.

- Also introducing telegra.ph, a publishing tool. You can now use telegra.ph to publish articles – it's clean, simple and efficient.

More about this update:
https://telegram.org/blog/instant-view

Telegram:
New in version 3.15:

- Pin important chats to the top of the list so that you never miss a new message (tap and hold on a chat, then tap the new Pin button).
- Link your Telegram account with hundreds of services like Twitter, Instagram, Spotify, Gmail, Pocket, Pinterest, Nest, Philips Hue, and countless others. Control apps and appliances via Telegram, or get messages when something happens elsewhere. Talk to the @IFTTT bot (If This Then That) to set up integrations.

- Rotate photos by any number of degrees in the updated photo editor.
- View YouTube and Vimeo in Picture-in-Picture mode while browsing other chats.
- Rotate your phone to switch to fullscreen mode while watching YouTube and Vimeo videos.
- Forward messages and media from groups and Cloud Chats to Secret Chats.

More about this update:
https://telegram.org/blog/pin-and-ifttt

Telegram:
Telegram Desktop for your Mac or Windows PC graduates to version 1.0 today, adding a fabulous new design and support for custom themes!

- Our native stand-alone desktop app was first released in 2013 and works on Windows, macOS, and Linux.
- Telegram Desktop doesn't require a mobile phone to work.
- It syncs existing messages from your phone with your computer using Telegram’s encrypted cloud.

Read more about this update:
https://telegram.org/blog/desktop-1-0

And get Telegram Desktop now:
https://desktop.telegram.org

Telegram:
New in version 3.16:

- Delete messages for everyone. When you delete your messages in groups and one-on-one chats, you can now choose to delete them for everyone in the chat, not just yourself. This works only for recently sent messages (same as editing).
- Network Usage in 'Data and Storage' Settings. Get byte by byte statistics for your incoming and outgoing Telegram traffic via wifi and mobile connections.
- T.me links. Use the short and personal t.me/username instead of telegram.me to link to any Telegram profile, channel or public group.

- App now remembers scroll position when switching to another chat and back.
- Messages from one sender are now beautifully grouped together.
- Added a floating date to the top of the screen when scrolling.
- Recently downloaded files are shown when sharing a file.
- Increased uploading speed for files and media.
- 'Report spam' button added to Secret chats.
- Added support for new emoji like ?, ?, and ?.
- Send GIFs directly from Gboard, the Google keyboard.
- Android 7.1: Fast action menu with frequent chats from your home screen.

More about this update:
https://telegram.org/blog/unsend-and-usage

Telegram:
New in version 3.17:

- Use custom themes to change the appearance of the app.
- Check out the new dark theme in Settings > Themes. See the @AndroidThemes channel for more ideas.
- Create your own themes using the new built-in editor.

Read more about this update:
https://telegram.org/blog/android-themes

I love telegram more and more! Just wish everyone can start using it!

(02-22-2017, 08:01 AM)padjakkels Wrote: I love telegram more and more! Just wish everyone can start using it!

Pretty much this ^