× Fact! Joining this forum will make you a happier person! - Register for FREE

#GuptaLeaks
Quote:Our plan had been to research thoroughly, for months if needed be, to get a sizeable proportion of the really important stories ready before first publication. That way, should there have been any attempt to stop us after first publication, we could have put it all out at once. That too is Journalism 101.
So why do we start publishing now?
The horse has bolted. The whistle-blowers’ safety no longer lies in delaying publication, but in us declaring the full extent of what is out there. Shutting up the whistle-blowers will not plug the leak because we have all they had.

https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/...-revealed/

HKGK!

Now if only I felt like reading all that....

(06-01-2017, 07:25 AM)Purply Wrote: Now if only I felt like reading all that....

Basically - they have a stash of a fsck ton of emails. Wanted to investigate and prepare articles over the coming months. But since some of it was released already in the hopes of the NEC taking appropriate action it is no longer in the interest of the whistleblowers to sit on it.

So all those emails are being dumped. The articles have already started - Billions of Rands of kickbacks etc.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=439872&d=1496295428]

Haha ok, but emails are just emails, it's so easy to fake nowadays

How do we know there is any substance to these "alleged" emails ?

That's about 200,000 fake emails then

(06-01-2017, 08:09 AM)Hamster Wrote: That's about 200,000 fake emails then

Yip, fake until verified, maybe then I'll put in some effort reading into this :p

Unless it's already been verified by credible establishments?

I still think it would have been a lot more powerful if the media pressured more instead of sitting on all this information. 

Where is @Magda Wierzycka she was quite active an vocal against government, I liked that, pity other CEOs did not join her.

(06-01-2017, 08:22 AM)Purply Wrote: Yip, fake until verified, maybe then I'll put in some effort reading into this :p

Unless it's already been verified by credible establishments?
That's a lot of emails to fake though. Just way too much.

*cough*

Any consequences from this yet?

No, just more and more revelations. Latest being Gigabytes and Brown linked to placing pro-Gupta individuals in key positions in SOEs

So what are we aiming to achieve after everything has been released?

Do people think the Gupta's will be held accountable for their dubious actions/transactions/corruption and all other things criminal?

My thought as well, these leaks are just confirming what everyone already knows. What is needed is law to be applied and so far it doesn't seem there is any illegal activity, because why are they still free.
Register on Platinum Wealth (My referral link)