EasyEquities basket offering
(06-10-2016, 10:05 AM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote: I must say I was under the impression the "Basket" collection will at least be grouped together with a little border and perhaps a new tab called Basket Performance.

Sounds like you are looking for an ETF... :p

Custom build one. Imagine they release a product called... Build your own ETF
Buy altcoins with bitcoins here Changelly

(06-10-2016, 11:14 AM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote: Custom build one. Imagine they release a product called... Build your own ETF

a portfolio in otherworld's?
If you aren’t thinking about owning a stock for 10 years, don’t even think about owning it for 10 minutes.

(06-10-2016, 11:15 AM)PirateJack Wrote:
(06-10-2016, 11:14 AM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote: Custom build one. Imagine they release a product called... Build your own ETF

Sail away Pirate! Tongue

(06-10-2016, 11:15 AM)PirateJack Wrote:

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eish.

(06-10-2016, 11:10 AM)Hamster Wrote:
(06-10-2016, 09:41 AM)Purply Wrote:
(06-10-2016, 09:26 AM)Hamster Wrote: Did you even want all of the shares in the basket?!

No, not really, but figured what the heck, this is their "winning" strategy, so might as well try it.

But now with everything being separate, I'll just sell whatever whenever as I'd much rather clean up my screen.

And incur costs. See, this why that basket is such a kark idea unless you are prepared to manage it yourself. I don't see the point unless you can trim it down to whatever you want and get it for a better cost. Their "winning strategy" involves selling as well.
Well you can customize the "weight" per share, and the ones you don't like I image you can leave on 0%, at least that's how it looked to me when I bought it.

Whether it's possible to leave a share on 0% I wouldn't know,but you more than welcome to try it out on your demo account.

You can however not add any other share onto it.

(06-10-2016, 12:26 PM)Purply Wrote: ...but you more than welcome to try it out on your demo account.

/buys more DIVTRX instead

(06-10-2016, 02:28 PM)Hamster Wrote:
(06-10-2016, 12:26 PM)Purply Wrote: ...but you more than welcome to try it out on your demo account.

/buys more DIVTRX instead

Good choice, leave the BASKETS to people with zero interest in doing their own research.

If you invest R20 000 in DIVTRX how much dividends will you receive on average?

(06-10-2016, 02:48 PM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote: If you invest R20 000 in DIVTRX how much dividends will you receive on average?
Currently 4.2% Pa

If you used today's price you could buy roughly 710 shares. With last year's data you would've gotten about R770 for the year.

Sent from my LG-V490 using Tapatalk

Sheesh there is less than zero reason for me to invest in dividend shares. Since most of them have zero growth example DIVTRX and the appeal of dividend even at a 100k is still... Not getting my attention.

So for now MAPPSG is still top on my list of potential buys.

I bought a demo money R10000 basket just to see what happens.

Really have no experience or knowledge but would like to get started on this for real in a month or 3.

Lots of the shares are currently in the red, the vast majority of them.

(06-10-2016, 04:11 PM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote: Sheesh there is less than zero reason for me to invest in dividend shares. Since most of them have zero growth example DIVTRX and the appeal of dividend even at a 100k is still... Not getting my attention.

So for now MAPPSG is still top on my list of potential buys.
So I went and investigated SWIX some more and IMO there is some cause for concern (MAPPSG uses it).

So back in the early 2000s the Top 40 was heavily packed with resource shares (the majority of which are dual listed). So what they did was devise an investment fund/approach that would even things out across sectors...SWIX.

What they did not foresee (read "didn't think through?") was that the rules they put in place to reduce the resource exposure would eventually cause the SWIX top 40 to be dominated by industrial stocks. This I did not know or think of because when I bought into SWIX I saw it as a way of avoiding "top heavy" shares like the classic top 40 has. Well, it's not that.

So atm it is doing very well but you could probably swop it for STXIND and potentially do even better. What I want is a broadly diversified ETF with checks in place to avoid the above mentioned problem ...and that's the CTOP50 for me at this stage. I'm not selling any of my NFSWIX just yet but not making any new investments into it.

As for MAPPSG/P: still very good. But I (and I know I change my mind often ) would rather build it myself:

CTOP50 80%
NFILBI 10%
NFGOVI 10%
...and skip the cash component since that is do e for retirement annuity products (I think)

In fact, I'd probably forget the NFGOVI and increase NFILBI.

Wow very very very interesting read!