× Fact! Joining this forum will make you a happier person! - Register for FREE

Buying Ripple
Hey all,

Wondering what wallets you use for your XRP?

Looking into GateHub or Rippex.

Not really comfortable storing coins on an exchange.

(05-17-2017, 12:10 PM)JohnnyG Wrote: Thanks Spreadsheet Ranger! That was a big help. I took a slightly different approach and thought I'd share...

1) Sent BTC via Luno to GateHub;
2) Used BTC to buy/exchange XRP in GateHub;

Wish I did this a little earlier before the surge in XRP's price! Can you believe that XRP is almost double their last week's high ($15bil from $8bil) ?!?!

This is crazy! 

I think the big three are safe bets: BTC, XRP and ETR - but not sure who  the next contender will be? I like Golem and a few others...Anyone else have an opinion on a crypto currency thats under performing right now?

I followed the tutorial to register on Gatehub but for the love of me am unable to send BTC from Luno to Gatehub to buy Ripple. Could you, or anyone else perhaps help me to do this?

Then also, is there a way to see what your XRP is worth in ZAR?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

You welcome to follow this rough guide, it however uses Jaxx Wallet instead of Gatehub, just swap the parts that say Ethereum(ETH) with Ripple(XRP)

https://platinumwealth.co.za/forum/Threa...91#pid4391

Ok I sent btc from luno to gatehub but cant find the btc to buy ripple with. I created a new hosted wallet in gatehub but still nothing

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I am either extremely stupid today or something is wrong. I received my btc but when going to the exchange I am unable to buy xrp. I cannot select BTC to XRP and when selecting my hosted wallet it just gives an error message saying I need a Ripple wallet.

(07-02-2017, 10:13 AM)themowgs Wrote: I am either extremely stupid today or something is wrong. I received my btc but when going to the exchange I am unable to buy xrp. I cannot select BTC to XRP and when selecting my hosted wallet it just gives an error message saying I need a Ripple wallet.

Which exchange are you referring to? 

I used shapeshift and it went smoother than expected.

Hi I`m new here. Here goes my first post.

I use the local altcointrader.co.za exchange. Initial reasons were that could fund my account doing EFT from any local bank account.

Once the funds are available, usually in 30 mins - 3 hours, I can buy of the available crypto currencies including XRP, BTC, ETH etc.

Once I bought the coins, I can withdraw any amount of the coins to my Kraken or Bittrex account. You would just need your XRP or BTC address on those or any other exchange that would accept the crypto deposit.

(05-17-2017, 12:10 PM)JohnnyG Wrote: Thanks Spreadsheet Ranger! That was a big help. I took a slightly different approach and thought I'd share...

1) Sent BTC via Luno to GateHub;
2) Used BTC to buy/exchange XRP in GateHub;

Wish I did this a little earlier before the surge in XRP's price! Can you believe that XRP is almost double their last week's high ($15bil from $8bil) ?!?!

This is crazy! 

I think the big three are safe bets: BTC, XRP and ETR - but not sure who  the next contender will be? I like Golem and a few others...Anyone else have an opinion on a crypto currency thats under performing right now?