× Fact! Joining this forum will make you a happier person! - Register for FREE

After Hours Banter
I'm buying some alts like civic Tongue

Ideally, I want BTC to go well down sub $5k to starve out all the ponzies and crap coins in existence, before the next bull run.
Forum Admin | Platinum Wealth
Tips
ETH 0x023f29596Bf80c521C906f80ee305fADc3B1Be3C BTC 1GeXS8t5KtYvyMAf5hhwtdxM9Ba9EWQqMz

Pfft, crypto schmytco. I'm looking for a new camera.

Tired of using the big DSLR. Reckon a point-n-shoot with a 1" sensor will be much more useful.
IQ Test

What phone do you have @bandit?

I see the new Samsung S9 has an incredible camera, plus it doubles up as a phone!

Currently a Huawei P9 Lite. Bought it for R3000 odd on a WeChat special and it is still going strong. The minister of home affairs has an iPhone 8 - we have different views on the cost/necessity ratio of phones.

But then on the other hand I buy cameras that are more expensive than phones so whatever Big Grin
IQ Test

Oh, and I get what you are saying about the phone camera but it is not going to do this:

[Image: v2?webp=true&sig=3cb2024050de8c3492470ec...b747012ae2]

Ok fine, if you risk losing your finger to get close enough and keep the image small enough sure you'll get close but a phone's little sensor is only going to get you so far.
IQ Test

Aha, so you like to do "real photography" basically you require a good zoom?

Amateur at best and only take photos when I get a chance. You need good optical zoom for wildlife and bird photography but the sensor size and lens are way more important.

I've owned a few cameras before and my favourite must be this one: Canon G3X. Unfortunately, my other half took it and now it is hers. I got a proper DSLR (D5300) but I loathe hauling it around with lenses and what not. Just doesn't fit with the type of photos I like to take.

But yes, a regular point-n-shoot is useless and you can just as well use a phone but the premium ones like the G3X and Panasonic TZ110 are in a different league to those. Good compromise between image quality and mobility.
IQ Test

Good to know, I myself mainly use my phone (LG G6) to take pictures, mainly of the family and the odd Taxi being a complete fucktard.

I have a Cannon 550D with a good cannon lens and a Sigma 700mm telephoto lens.

I think I have used that Camera on 3 occasions in 8 years and every time my SO managed to get better pictures with her phone.
Join the official JSE Discord Channel

Hahaha!

Where is @SimonPB isn't he a photographer fundie as well?

(03-09-2018, 01:12 PM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote: I have a Cannon 550D with a good cannon lens and a Sigma 700mm telephoto lens.

I think I have used that Camera on 3 occasions in 8 years and every time my SO managed to get better pictures with her phone.

Enjoy

IQ Test

Where do I learn photography Tongue

What you'll up to the weekend?

Playing around with Ubuntu learning the file structure and experimenting with Shell scripts.

Coming from a pure windows background, this should be interesting.

Just keep at it. Soon you'll tell yourself "why do I pay for Windows when I can get this for free" and then you'll buy a Mac.
IQ Test

Hahahahahaha.

I need to buy food today, no clue what to eat.

Suggestions?
I have access to two malls.