× Fact! Joining this forum will make you a happier person! - Register for FREE

Adapt IT
Anyone else invested in Adapt IT. Listened to a podcast by Simon Brown, and after doing some research decided to buy in today @ 790c.

How does everyone else feel about them?

I had them, sold it for an ETFs beginning of the year.

I think MrDividend have some him or Groovy or Ranger, lost track which one.

Noted thanks, will wait for others to comment

I've been wanting to buy them, but I'm not sure, can't remember if they are linked to EOH cause there was some funny business and then I lost interest.

Edit: Sorry sorry, I've looked at EOH and decided not too. Have not looked at Adapt IT yet.
Register on Platinum Wealth (My referral link)

(10-19-2017, 06:07 PM)Spreadsheet Ranger Wrote: I've been wanting to buy them, but I'm not sure, can't remember if they are linked to EOH cause there was some funny business and then I lost interest.

Edit: Sorry sorry, I've looked at EOH and decided not too. Have not looked at Adapt IT yet.

Thanks Ranger. EoH not linked to Adapt. Adapt compete in similar space though, coming out of a business turn around period so things should be looking up for them apparently.

i don't own any AdaptIT anymore, i still like the company, might nibble a bit again at current levels. I also believe they are currently trading under cautionary because they have entered into negotiations of a possible acquisition.

Yeah, they released a cautionary announcement on the 18th.

Have EOH and ADI - actually prefer EOH out the two - looking at long term growth. Just seems to be an unloved sector at the moment, not sure why. But both at a good price. The question is, have they found a bottom, or should you wait for a bit of a recovery?

Yeah, im hoping Adapt IT has reached the bottom. But I suppose thats premature to say since there is no massive sign of recovery yet.

BTW - did take a quick look at past records to see which one I would invest in now. Although ADI has slightly better past long term growth, EOH's is a lot "smoother". EOH is also a bit cheaper on a PE basis. ADI is smaller - good in that an acquisition or two could boost HEPS - but EOH being bigger, would be included in institutional investors and ETFs.

For me, I would more likely add to my EOH holdings.

Thanks MrDividend, I have also seen alot of talk basically saying that ADI will be alot riskier over the ST, alot of bumps, but could pay off big in the LT whereas, like you stated, EOH would be a smoother ride, with less aggressive growth than thet have had in the past due to their size.

I think I am going to buy some - I need to get myself a sort of Tech sector, but besides Naspers, SA isn't really a tech enabled country so not sure if the local companies are worth it VS buying a dbxWD ETF and getting exposure to Google, Amazon and Apple
Register on Platinum Wealth (My referral link)

I own both Adapt IT and EOH, so far I'm happy. I do agree with ranger to a degree, or rather, I have that same question: Why would you buy into SA tech companies vs buying a global ETF consisting primarily off US, UK, Japanese and Chinese tech companies.